Monday 3 April 2023

 

 Another Gorgeous Morning.                                                         Monday 3rd April, 2023

Don’t you just love Autumn?  Time to add a light blanket to the bed and feel cosy on cooler mornings.

We left the trike sitting on the rack on the car last night ready for an early start this morning. After a long bout of insomnia, I managed to grab another hour leaving a note for John to wake me.  Record of records … his wife was ready in quarter of an hour. John couldn’t contain his surprise about me being ready in such a short time. These days if I have to go out it can take far, far longer; anywhere from 3/4 to 1 hour. Am nearly as slow as a sloth. I love those creatures.  All I had to do was dress for riding and away we went. 

Being dropped at the entrance to the Bushland Park like yesterday, I went in a different direction of discovery looking for a short-cut to the chiropractor. Although it was a gentle downhill ride nearly all the way, the knee problem which I’ve had for a while was hurting just a little bit but by the time I reached a stone’s throw from the chiropractic rooms, it was a bit worse.  Thom’s practice (Tom) is on the opposite corner across the road from Stockland and also across from Stockland is a lovely park which I’d never been in even though I’ve lived here for close to 16 years … shame on me!  There are some awesome trees in the park and the one in the photo is huge. I should have parked the trike underneath for comparison but it was too far away to walk to. At a guess, from one side of the branches to the other would have to be at least 25 metres (about 80ft), maybe more, and around 14 metres high (about 45 ft), maybe more.  I thought WOW, this would be great in the back yard – we could fill the branches with swings; you know, have a swing-fest!  

I wanted to go to another park closer to town so went “up and around” to get to the park next to the Council chambers where there are a few of the same kind of tree as that beauty, only not quite as big.  It was here that I decided enough was enough so waited for John’s call  – didn’t have to wait long. Arrived home and used soft ice packs which certainly helped … couldn’t feel a thing afterwards; it was so cold … lovely!  I won’t be riding tomorrow and maybe the next day or the day after that. Moi thinks it would be a good idea to get the knee problem out of the way.  Looking forward to a visit to Thom tomorrow. 






2 comments:

  1. Shame your knee is bothering you, hope you can get it sorted so you can get out more regularly mum. LH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is love. It's a fairly new problem but so disappointing, however, Thom is working on it. Have to rest it for now.

      Delete